Be a Champion for Justice, and Drive Growth and Innovation
Prepare to make your mark, with the education, practical skills, and tools you gain at Syracuse University College of Law.
Get Started Today. Now enrolling for Fall 2023.
Residential J.D. Degree
Our Juris Doctor program will prepare you with the core knowledge, aptitude, and skills to build your career as a practice-ready lawyer.
JDinteractive: Online J.D. Program
Earn the same J.D. degree you would on campus in self-paced and real-time online classes taught by the College of Law’s distinguished faculty.
LL.M. and S.J.D. Programs
Broaden your perspective through the study of U.S. and international legal systems and processes in these programs designed for foreign-educated legal professionals.
Preparing Leaders in Law—Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
Syracuse University College of Law has delivered extraordinary legal education for more than 125 years—through world wars, economic depressions, and, yes, pandemics—and will continue this tradition through the current crisis too. As the first law school to offer an ABA-accredited online J.D. program with real-time classes, we have extensive experience with online legal education and are ready to leverage this expertise to serve and support the educational aspirations of all our students, no matter what the coming months may bring.
We’re in this together, and together we’ll come out of it stronger. Until then, we’ll be beside you through every step of your legal education.
Experience the Syracuse University Difference
- Accessible, actionable, and inter-disciplinary legal education that will empower you to make an immediate impact in diverse fields
- Expert faculty with a passion for teaching and mentoring our students
- Modern, state-of-the-art facilities
- Participatory approach emphasizing practical training and experiential learning inside and beyond the classroom
- Student support programming and services, including academic counseling, tutors, study groups, bar exam preparation, and professional development
- 6 specialized legal research centers and institutes
- Dynamic and engaged student community who inspire each other to advance social change, promote justice for all, solve big problems, and drive growth and innovation
- NEW! All J.D. and LL.M. students receive the innovative Helix Bar Prep program free of charge.
Study Law at One of the World’s Great Law Schools
An extraordinary legal education produces extraordinary lawyers. With a 125-year-plus history of excellence and innovation, Syracuse University College of Law will provide you with an in-depth understanding of the law as well as real-world skills and training to grow your career—and make an impact—in a broad spectrum of fields.
The College of Law’s Advocacy Program is ranked #14 in the nation by US News & World Report.
The College of Law offers 11 interdisciplinary joint degree opportunities through Syracuse University schools and colleges, including the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, the Newhouse School of Public Communications, the Whitman School of Management, among others.
Our vast network of more than 11,200 extraordinary alumni have led extraordinary lives as champions of justice, captains of industries, heads of government, and influential leaders.